Audio Codec libvorbis with avi
and using Pause contains a bug!
Until disposal please use libmp3lame and
Many digital cameras can be
used as a webcam. Vokoscreen supports
these, provided that the cameras have a
corresponding video mode.
Just try -
If anyone would like to help us
for vokoscreen can do this at: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vokoscreen
webcam image can be set
via the context menu
With OpenSuse 12.3 pleas
only use the option „Auto-frames“.
Mailinglist for vokoscreen: mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
licensed under the GNU Public License 2 (GPL2)
Hotkey for magnifikation: CTRL + SHIFT + F9
The shortcuts assigned to the buttons are
shown by hoovering the buttons:
Start: CTRL + SHIFT + F10
Stop: CTRL + SHIFT + F11
Pause: CTRL + SHIFT + F12
README! Version 1.2.0
program to create screen videos including sound
recording. Although this program is really small and
inconspicious, it includes exceeding capabilities to
generate training videos, installation videos, browser
and Skype recordings. Ideas are not limited and anyone
interested can compose any desired recording by using
recording programs like „Avidemux“ or „kdenlive“.
program was tested with OpenSuse 11.4, 12.1 and Ubuntu
11. Implementations for other distributions are in
version are available from: www.kohaupt-online.de/hp
1. Unpack the download-file to any desired folder.
2. The download-file contains a .rpm- and a
- the .rpm-version eventually installs needed
dependences for OpenSuse. For use you need the packman
- the .deb-version might also receive needed
dependences from the distribution server.
1. Choose fullscreen or a window for the desired
2. If only one window is used, choose this option and
click on the window for recording.
- the activate window should not be removed from
3. For sound recording choose „Audio“ in the settings
and in the dropdown menue select the appropriate
4. Depending to system configuration „alsa“ or „pulse“
should be selected.
5. For recording quality select framerate and
videocodec. We recommend „Standard“.
6. Select a path for video storage.
7. Choose the desired player for replay.
- The generated videos are stored with continuos
- To avoid error messages the before installed version
1.0.0 should be removed! Afterwards all higher
versions can always be upgraded as usual.
If vokoscreen is not working, you have a wrong version
of ffmpeg (videolan or other sources). Install the
Version from packman.
For working, you need the multimedia codecs from:
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian wheezy main
generated video file can be edited at choice and
quickly trans-encoded with programs like „avidemux“,
„kdenlive“ or „OpenShot“.
– Short description for „Avidemux“:
Load a video -
Video track: MPEG-4
Audio track: MP3 (lame)
Container format: MP4
Press Save button.
is under further development.
are stored in the folder
„/home/..../.config/vokoscreen. Please include
log-files to your problem notification.
program is freeware! The use lies in the area of
responsibility of the user.
questions, wishes and feedbacks contact: tux @